Welcome To Sowald Sowald Anderson Hawley & Johnson
Our women and veteran-owned firm has been proudly providing families in central Ohio with legal services in divorce, dissolution, parentage, child custody and financial support cases for more than 40 years. Learn more about our lawyers by clicking on the links below:
Robert B. Hawley II
Eric W. Johnson
Beatrice K. Sowald
Heather G. Sowald
Marty Anderson (Deceased)
What Does Our Women And Veteran-Owned Family Law Practice Look Like?
Sowald Sowald Anderson Hawley & Johnson is a full-service family law firm. We handle a wide variety of issues including, but certainly not limited to, divorce and separation. A general overview of our practice includes:
- Family law – We can resolve a range of family law concerns beyond divorce, such as paternity cases, prenuptial agreements and domestic violence civil protection orders.
- Divorce and dissolution – Our firm always encourages a civil approach to divorce and dissolution, bringing a steady hand during an emotional time.
- Child custody – We understand that your children are the most important people in your lives, and we will fight to protect your relationship with them.
- Spousal support – Formerly known as alimony in Ohio, spousal support can be a confusing topic. Allow us to answer your questions and help you determine if spousal support is likely to be a factor in your divorce.
- Collaborative law – Most people do not want a drawn-out, contentious divorce. Collaborative law offers a more amicable solution, especially for couples with children. It often saves couples time and money, as well.
- Property division – Whether your assets are large or small, every divorce must determine property division. Allow us to walk you through the steps and advocate for your fair share.
We understand that your family law issues do not end with a divorce decree. We handle post-decree matters such as modifications of support and custody orders, including relocating with a child. We will also assist you with enforcement needs regarding support and custody orders.
Why Should You Consider Hiring Us?
Our credentials speak for themselves.
We are respected in the legal community.
The lawyers at Sowald Sowald Anderson Hawley & Johnson are proud to enjoy the respect of colleagues in local and state bar associations. We do more than just handle cases. We are involved in the profession, advancing high standards.
We have the knowledge and experience needed to help.
All our attorneys have more than 20 years of legal experience, with several having more than 40 years of legal experience. Some of our attorneys have been certified as specialists in family law by the Ohio State Bar Association. Certification requires extensive study, testing and ongoing education in the field of family law.
We have clients from all walks of life.
A firm that serves only one group may not have the “big-picture” thinking you need. Our clients are from every profession and walk of life. We not only do high-asset divorces; we also help ordinary households through transitions. Our clients include business owners, government employees, first responders, teachers, medical professionals, factory workers — everyone, even other lawyers.
Because our firm is also veteran-owned, all our attorneys offer a 10% hourly rate discount to current and former U.S. service members and first responders. All you have to do is show us a current or valid ID card – we will also accept a copy of your DD-214.
Our clients feel comfortable with us.
You want an attorney who is approachable, who is responsive and who understands your goals and fears. Our attorneys care about you and your family and work hard to make you feel comfortable and involved in the process. We will return your calls and emails in a timely manner, so you are not left wondering and waiting. We will explain the process step by step, so you know what is happening in your case and what comes next. We will copy you on all correspondence and messages received from the opposing attorney, the court and others significant to your case to keep you “in the loop” and involved.
How To Reach Us
To arrange a consultation with one of the lawyers at Sowald Sowald Anderson Hawley & Johnson, call us at 380-217-3322 or use our online form to send a message.