Focused On A Better Future For You
- Collaborative Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
Heather G. Sowald is a founding member of the domestic relations law firm Sowald, Sowald, Anderson & Hawley.
Ms. Sowald received her undergraduate degree from Case Western Reserve University, and her law degree in 1979 from Capital University Law School.
Ms. Sowald is a co-founder of, and a member of, the Collaborative Family Law Council of Central Ohio.
Ms. Sowald is a past Chair of the Columbus Bar Association's Family Law Committee.
She is a past President of the 28,000-member Ohio State Bar Association. She is also a past president of the Columbus Bar Association and of the Franklin County Trial Lawyers' Association.
Ms. Sowald is a frequent speaker at legal seminars on the topics of domestic relations law, professionalism and ethics, and taught family law at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1979
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.A. - 1976
- Ohio, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Speaker, Domestic Relations Law, Professionalism and Ethics, Family Law, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Taught Family Law, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Central Ohio, Co-Founder and past President
- Columbus Bar Association, Past Chair, Family Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Past Chair of the Professional Ethics Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Past President
- Columbus Bar Association, Past President
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
Current Employment Position
- Founding Member