Focused On A Better Future For You
- Family Law
Eric W. Johnson received his Bachelor of Science Degree from Michigan State University in 1990 and obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law in 1995. He has been practicing in the area of family law since 1998. Prior to joining the firm, he also worked in the areas of workers' compensation, personal injury, and insurance subrogation, among other general practice fields.
Mr. Johnson joined Sowald, Sowald, Anderson & Hawley in 2004, became a named partner in the firm in 2009, and in 2012 was designated by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Certified Specialist in Family Relations Law .
He is an active member of the Ohio State, Columbus, and Delaware County Bar Associations, serving on the family law committees of each, and is also a member of the American Bar Association’s Family Law Section. Mr. Johnson is additionally licensed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, became fellow of the Ohio State Bar Foundation in 2009, and is a member of Mensa.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Juris Doctorate - 1995
- Michigan State University, Michigan
- B.S. - 1990
- Ohio, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Family Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Member, Family Law Committee
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Ohio Lawyer Magazine, Board of Editors
- Mensa, Member
- American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
Current Employment Position