Child Support Is More Than Just A Formula
As you surf the internet, you will see pages called child support calculators. Do not rely on them. These calculators are simplistic and usually overlook significant factors affecting income and expense.
Courts are interested in these numbers:
- Each parent’s income from all sources and his or her potential earning power.
- The amount expenses necessary for a parent to generate his or her income.
- The custody and visitation schedule the parents follow and how much time each parent spends with the child
- Any special needs the child has — medical, educational, etc.
- The cost health care coverage
- The cost of any work-related child care.
How important is an attorney in determining child support? It depends largely on the intentions of the other parent. If he or she is determined to obtain an unfair advantage, you will be obliged to respond firmly. A significant amount of money will be on the table. You can’t afford to be treated unfairly.
Our firm has been in the family law business in Ohio for over 40 years. Our reputation among other lawyers, with whom we lock professional horns, could not be stronger.
We also assist with enforcement and modification efforts further down the road.
We invite you to learn what our competition already knows — that Sowald Sowald Anderson Hawley & Johnson sets the standard for family law in and around Columbus.