Heather G. Sowald
Heather G. Sowald is a founding member of the domestic relations law firm Sowald, Sowald, Anderson & Hawley.
Ms. Sowald received her undergraduate degree from Case Western Reserve University, and her law degree in 1979 from Capital University Law School.
Ms. Sowald is a co-founder of, and a member of, the Collaborative Family Law Council of Central Ohio.
Ms. Sowald is a past Chair of the Columbus Bar Association's Family Law Committee. She currently serves on the Columbus Bar Association’s Ethics Committee.
She is a past President of the 28,000-member Ohio State Bar Association. She is also a past president of the Columbus Bar Association and of the Franklin County Trial Lawyers' Association.
Ms. Sowald is a frequent speaker at legal seminars on the topics of domestic relations law, professionalism and ethics, and has taught family law at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1979
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.A. - 1976
- Frequent Speaker, Domestic Relations Law, Professionalism and Ethics, Family Law, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Taught Family Law, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Central Ohio, Co-Founder
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Central Ohio, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Past Chair, Family Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Ethics Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Past President
- Columbus Bar Association, Past President
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, Past President